How to Apply to the Women’s Program
This application is for consideration of admission to the Denton Freedom House’s Women’s Program. Please be sure to answer as completely and honestly as possible when filling out your answers. Your answers will be kept confidential. If in the course of our interview or during the program, you have lied or omitted any pertinent information, it will be grounds for dismissal from the interview or program. If a section is required and does not apply to you, simply answer with N/A.
After submitting your application, call 940.800.2736 to let us know that your application has been submitted and to get the process started. Please leave a voicemail if you don’t get the Admissions Director. Your application will be evaluated through a phone interview AND in-person interview, and a decision rendered, based on your eligibility and specific needs. If we are unable to provide the help that you need, we will do our best to point you to those who can help.
- You will end up sharing your bedroom with up to three other women at any given time – this can be uncomfortable at times.
- While you are in the program, you are not to be in relationship with anyone (this means boyfriends or fiancés). We encourage restoration of marriage if you are currently legally married.
- For the first 30 days of the program, there’s no contact allowed with anyone outside the home. This includes family, friends and mentors – no contact means no visits, calls or writing letters. Writing letters will be encouraged after this cooling off period.
- When you are allowed visitors and phone calls, you are only allowed to call your immediate family or approved mentors – No boyfriends, fiancés, friends or non-family members.
- Any of the things that interfere with our home schedule must be taken care of before you can come into the home.
- This is not a medical facility. If you have any ongoing physical or psychological needs, major or minor, they need to be addressed before you can come into the home. There are NO PSYCHIATRIC MEDICATIONS allowed. This includes any medication for depression, anxiety, opiates, narcotics or methadone. We encourage applicants to detox before coming into DFH, because we are not a medical facility and detoxing can be a serious matter. But we won’t prevent someone from coming if they haven’t detoxed. On a case-by-case basis, we will bring a resident in and watch them 24 hours a day until they are able to join our schedule. We will provide reasonable care, but if we determine that the medical care is beyond what we can provide, then we will send them to the hospital.
- You will not be allowed to bring or have vitamins, supplements or large physical health aids/devices.
- The routine here is taxing! It is at times tiring and monotonous, it takes discipline to adhere to the schedule that we set.
- The home discipline policy is thorough and exacting. How well do you receive discipline? Can you handle being told when you can and cannot go to the bathroom, to bed, when you can shower, when you can have free time, and so forth?
- We expect submission to home authority, leadership and the policies that God has established in this home.
- Please take a look at the items you are allowed to bring into the home – Remember that space is limited so we have to limit the amount of personal items you may bring into the home. If it isn’t on the list, you will not be allowed to bring the item in per our policies. Please read the Approved Items list.
Information for the Family of a resident, Go Here
Approved List -women
Toothpaste, Toothbrush, Deodorant, Shampoo, Conditioner, Brush/Comb/Pick, Bar Soap, Shaving Cream, Razors, Dental Floss, Lotion, Q-Tips, Feminine Hygiene products and Fingernail Clippers.
NOT ALLOWED: No mouthwash of any kind, no fingernail polish/remover, no hair products, except shampoo/conditioner
No candy or gum is allowed.
Clothing with inappropriate advertisements (skulls, bands, alcohol, drugs, etc…) will be up to the discretion of the staff whether it is allowed or not. Clothing should not be brought to the resident if the resident has reached the maximum limit of clothing allowed, which is:
- 10 Pairs of socks
- 10 Pairs of underwear
- 10 Bras
- 11 Pairs of pants/shorts/skirts/jeans Total (everyday, work, dress, athletic, sweats) Yoga pants are not allowed
- Sweatpants and women’s workout shorts can only be worn in rooms or during free time outside
- Bring pants that can be used for work (landscaping, cleaning, etc…).
- 14 Shirts total (everyday, work, dress, undershirt, athletic, hoodies) ***Bring shirts for work as well as 1 or 2 nice shirts for church events. (no lowcut, mid-drift, spaghetti straps)
- 1 Dress – modest in length and style. Must cover shoulders, so it cannot be strapless, expose under-garments or above the knee.
- 2 Coat/jackets
- 2 Hat (hats are only allowed to be worn outdoors)
- 1 work hat and 1 anywhere hat
- 2 Belts (everyday, dress) (optional)
- 4 Pairs of shoes (1 dress, 2 casual /athletic, 1 work/boots). Work boots are highly encouraged.
Jewelry: Ear studs only, wedding ring. Upon completion of Phase 1, women will be allowed additional jewelry.
1 Powder Base
1 Lip Gloss (Reminder-Your makeup selection is to compliment your natural beauty.)
Proverbs 31:30: “Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.” 1 Peter 3:4“But let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious.”
- Bible/ Bible Cover
- Pens/ Pencils/ Highlighters
- Backpack “textbook size” (recommended)
- Spiral Notebook/journal
- Envelopes/ Stamps you will not be able to send mail if you do not bring stamps(recommended)
- Wrist or Pocket Watch
- Small personal electric fan
- Small reading light/clip-on lamp
ANY ITEMS NOT ON THIS LIST MUST BE APPROVED BY STAFF BEFORE ENTERING THE
–No cell phones, tablets, iPods, or computers etc. are allowed
–No money, debit, credit cards are allowed
–No anti-depression meds. Only medicine for blood pressure, insulin, etc..
–No blankets are allowed.
You do not need to bring any linens or towels, but you can bring a pillow.
BRING ALL ALLOWED ITEMS IN TRASH BAGS, WE CANNOT STORE DUFFEL BAGS OR TRAVEL BAGS
Other General Policies
- No drugs, alcohol, vaping or tobacco products of any kind are allowed on property.
- No visitor under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be permitted to visit the resident.
- No profanity
- Residents are not permitted to be in or around the visitor’s vehicle at any time.
- Visitors cannot have anyone waiting outside in the visitor’s car.
- No pets
- No hugging other resident’s family members in the home. No romantic behavior, only church behavior.
- Visits must be done on the Denton Freedom House premises. When visitation arrangements have been made that require the visit to be made away from the DFH property, the resident must be chaperoned by a DFH staff member.
- Resident and spouse cannot engage in any inappropriate activity with one another at any time. (church behavior)
- If any of these rules are not followed by the visitor or resident:
- The visitor may not be allowed back to the home unless approved by a staff member
- The staff may ask the resident to leave the home.