Approved Items for Men and Women
Due to the limited space, residents are restricted on the items they can bring to the homes. Additionally, they are restrictions on the number of items they can bring to the Men’s and Women’s Homes. Any extra items will be donated.
BRING ALL ALLOWED ITEMS IN TRASH BAGS, WE CANNOT STORE DUFFEL BAGS OR TRAVEL BAGS
Toothpaste, Toothbrush, Deodorant, Shampoo, Conditioner, Brush/Comb/Pick, Bar Soap, Shaving Cream, Razors, Dental Floss, Lotion, Q-Tips and Fingernail Clippers.
Pillow (standard size only)
Pens / pencils/ highlighters
Envelopes / stamps
Backpack (schoolbook size)
Wristwatch or pocket watch (no smart watches are allowed.)
Small fan/ alarm clocks are permitted.
Foot powder, sunscreen, or anti-itch creams.
ANY over the counter medication is a donation to the whole house– you may donate large bottles of Tylenol, Ibuprofen, cold medication, cough drops, etc. It may not be alcohol based and it is at the discretion of the staff whether it will be kept or not. All prescription medication must be approved by the staff. No anti-depressants/narcotics/muscle relaxers/sleep aids are allowed, but medications for preserving one’s health, such as insulin or blood pressure meds are allowed with a prescription. Check with the staff if you have a question about medications. Stamps and Envelopes are donated to the whole house to use and cannot be returned if a resident leaves.
Maximum limit of clothing allowed is:
10 pairs of Socks
10 pairs of Underwear
11 pairs total of Pants/Shorts (everyday, work, dress, athletic, sweats)
* Bring 3 pairs of pants that are durable for outside work (landscaping, painting, construction, etc…)
15 Shirts, Total (everyday, work, dress, undershirt, athletic, hoodies)
**Bring shirts to wear for work, as well as 1 or 2 nice shirts for church events.
***a work hat that provides protection from the sun is recommended
2 Belts (everyday, dress)
4 Shoes (1 dress, 2 casual/athletic, 1 work/boots)
***Work boots are highly recommended
Jewlery: wedding band only
Feminine Hygiene products
Maximum limit of clothing allowed, is:
- 10 Pairs of socks
- 10 Pairs of underwear
- 10 Bras
- 11 Pairs of pants/shorts/skirts/jeans Total (everyday, work, dress, athletic, sweats)
- Sweatpants and women’s workout shorts
- Bring pants that can be used for work (landscaping, cleaning, etc…).
- 14 Shirts total (everyday, work, dress, undershirt, athletic, hoodies) ***Bring shirts for work as well as 1 or 2 nice shirts for church events. (No lowcut, mid-drift, spaghetti straps)
- 1 Dress – modest in length and style. Must cover shoulders, so it cannot be strapless, expose under-garments or above the knee.
- 2 Coat/jackets
- 2 Hat
- 1 work hat and 1 anywhere hat
- 2 Belts (everyday, dress) (optional)
- 4 Pairs of shoes (1 dress, 2 casual /athletic, 1 work/boots). Work boots are highly encouraged.
(1) Earring – ear studs only,
(1) necklace, wedding ring.
- Hair straightener OR curling iron
- 1 Powder Base
- 1 Blush
- neutral eye shadow
- 1 Mascara
- 1 Lip Gloss (Reminder-Your makeup selection is to compliment your natural look.)
The following items ARE NOT ALLOWED:
Clothing with inappropriate advertisements (skulls, bands, alcohol, drugs, etc…).
- NO mouthwash of any kind,
- No food, candy or gum is allowed.
- Linens and towels will be provided, so you do not need to bring those.
- No cell phones, tablets, iPods, or computers etc. are allowed
- No money, debit, credit cards are allowed
- Yoga Pants
- No blankets