Become a Volunteer
Would you like to Volunteer your time and talents?
“That I may impart to you some spiritual gift to strengthen you—that is, that we may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith, both yours and mine.”
-The Apostle Paul
Here are a couple of things to know:
- If you and several friends want to volunteer (i.e. fraternity), but don’t plan to work as a group, then each person needs to fill out the application. This will allow each person to schedule themselves.
- If you are a family, church group, co-workers and you all want to volunteer together, then fill out a group application. This way only one person in the group will fill out the application and do all the scheduling for those in the group.
- We cannot accept volunteer applications for anyone under the age of 18; however, a chaperone, who can be onsite during the entire shift, can be the one to fill out an individual application and handle the scheduling.
- Court ordered community service are welcome to volunteer. Follow the instructions just like any other volunteer.
- Volunteer Locations:
- Zera Coffee is located at 420 E. McKinney Street, Denton Tx.
- Freedom Food Pantry is located at 1123 Ft Worth Dr, Denton Tx
- Men’s Home is located at 3083 Trails End, Aubrey Tx
- Women’s Home is in Denton, TX (address not publicly disclosed)
Volunteer Process for Individuals:
- The link below will take you to a login page on a desktop. In the upper right corner, is the application link. If you are already a “My Impact” volunteer with another organization, simply sign in with those credentials. Otherwise, you will need to create a profile when you click the button to fill out the application.
- Your references will be called, so give them notice about us calling them.
- Once references are called, you may have a telephone interview with the staff member with whom you will be working.
- Once approved, you will want to download the “My Impact” app from your App Store on your phone. You will see all opportunities you are qualified to volunteer for (ONCE YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED AS A VOLUNTEER), so you can select the opportunities and shifts you want – that’s it!
We are also looking to partner with specialists in these areas:
Small Equipment Mechanic, Car Mechanic, Medical Provider (nurse, doctor, nurse practitioner, dentist) Plumber, Electrical, Construction/General Contractor
*If you own a business and would like to partner with us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our Contact page.
Individuals who want to volunteer
We invite church groups and families to fill out an application. Only one person needs to create a profile for the group (not for a person). For instance, the profile to login for a church group may be “St Paul Adult Class” with a password that the leader of the group would create.