partnerVolunteer With Us
That I may impart to you some spiritual gift to strengthen you—that is, that we may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith, both yours and mine.
The Apostle Paul
How You Can Serve
DFH depends on hundreds of hours of volunteer service per month…and while we feel like we are on the winning end of those relationships, we continually receive testimonies from our volunteers that their lives have been affected and transformed as much as the residents.
How You Can Serve
You can serve the ministry of the Denton Freedom House in a variety of ways. If you are looking for Community Service hours, please fill out the Volunteer Application.
There are a variety of ways you can serve. You will find those possibilities on the Volunteer application.
VOLUNTEER APPLICATION –Volunteer Today!
If you would like to volunteer, please fill out the Volunteer application and our coordinator will contact you. WOMEN CAN NOT SERVE ON THEIR OWN AT THE MEN’S HOME AND VICE VERSA.
For additional information, contact our volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the volunteer opportunities within Denton Freedom House Ministries:
- Helping in the kitchen – women must be accompanied by another woman, group or their husbands. Families and small groups are encouraged to help out.
- Transporation – must be a man. Help with food pick up, driving to work, etc. We will need a copy of a valid Driver’s License.
- Facilities – on an as-needed basis to fix vehicles, septic, electricity, plumbing, etc.
- Teachers – must be an active member of a Bible-believing church in good standing.
- Mentoring – same as teachers.
- Events volunteers – willing hands to be called on to help set up, arrange and clean up before, during and after events held at DFH, or at Zera Coffee for DFH.
- Office/Administration – on an as-needed basis for quarterly, and yearly mass mail-out assistance and other projects that may come up.
- Teachers – again must be an active member of a Bible-believing church in good standing
- WOW (Women on Watch) – Since we only have one staff member who lives on property, we need women to volunteer 4 – 8 hour blocks of time as the house supervisor. Your job is to lead the residents through the day’s schedule and facilitate house activities including meals, and give encouragement. We will need a copy of a valid Driver’s License
- Transportation – must be a woman. Help with driving women to work or appointments. May do other errands for the house. You may use your own vehicle (at your donation of gas and mileage) or you may park your vehicle at the women’s home and use the ministry’s vehicle. We will need a copy of a valid Driver’s License
- Events volunteers – people who are willing to be called on to help set up, arrange and clean up before, during and after events held at the coffee shop.
- Cashier and/or baristas – do not have to have previous experience!
- Cleaning – help keep the coffee shop and event center looking clean
- Drivers to pick up food donations from around the county. We will need a copy of a valid Driver’s License.
- Cleaning and organizing the food donations in the pantry before guests come
- Greeting guests and registering them.
- Filling boxes and handing them to guests, walking it to their cars
We are looking to partner with specialists in these areas:
Small Equipment Mechanic
Medical provider (nurse, doctor, nurse practitioner)
If you own a business and would like to partner with us, please contact us at email@example.com or use our Contact page.
Would you consider donating physical items to help defer the operating costs of the ministry of the DFH?
Gifts-In-Kind and Services
Did you know the DFH uses over 3000 rolls of toilet paper per year?
Did you know that DFH mows approximately 468 acres of its own land per year?
Did you know the DFH serves approximately 72,995 meals per year?
In other words, everything that you need to operate your home, the DFH needs on an exponential scale. If you would like to donate items to help us with these normal expenses, here is our Needs List:
Speaking Engagements and Events
We would love the opportunity of speaking or testifying at your local church, bible study, or small group
You may also contact us to schedule a personal or group visit of our facility; join us at one of our events or schedule a joint event, such as a dinner and/or softball game.
If you would like to donate something or engage with us, just fill out this form and we’ll be in contact.
See What We Are Up To
Subscribe to our Newsletter today.