Toothpaste, Toothbrush, Deodorant, Shampoo, Conditioner, Brush/Comb/Pick, Bar Soap, Shaving Cream, Razors, Dental Floss, Lotion, Q-Tips, Feminine Hygiene products and Fingernail Clippers.
NOT ALLOWED: No mouthwash of any kind, no fingernail polish/remover, no hair products, except shampoo/conditioner
No candy or gum is allowed.
Clothing with inappropriate advertisements (skulls, bands, alcohol, drugs, etc…) will be up to the discretion of the staff whether it is allowed or not. Clothing should not be brought to the resident if the resident has reached the maximum limit of clothing allowed, which is:
- 10 Pairs of socks
- 10 Pairs of underwear
- 10 Bras
- 11 Pairs of pants/shorts/skirts/jeans Total (everyday, work, dress, athletic, sweats) Yoga pants are not allowed
- Sweatpants and women’s workout shorts can only be worn in rooms or during free-time outside
- Joggers aren’t allowed
- Bring pants that can be used for work (landscaping, cleaning, etc…).
- 14 Shirts total(everyday, work, dress, undershirt, athletic, hoodies) ***Bring shirts for work as well as 1 or 2 nice shirts for church events. (no lowcut, mid-drift, spaghetti straps)
- 1 Dress – modest in length and style. Must cover shoulders, so it cannot be strapless, expose under-garments or above the knee.
- 2 Coat/jackets
- 2 Hat (hats are only allowed to be worn outdoors)
- 1 work hat and 1 anywhere hat
- 2 Belts (everyday, dress) (optional)
- 4 Pairs of shoes (1 dress, 2 casual /athletic, 1 work/boots). Work boots are highly encouraged.
Jewelry: Ear studs only, wedding ring. Upon completion of Phase 1, women will be allowed additional jewelry.
- 1 Powder Base
- 1 Blush
- 1 Mascara
- 1 Lip Gloss
(Reminder-Your makeup selection is to compliment your natural beauty.)
Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
1 Peter 3:4
But let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious.
Bible/ Bible Cover
Pens/ Pencils/ Highlighters
Backpack “textbook size” (recommended)
Envelopes/ Stamps you will not be able to send mail if you do not bring stamps
Wrist or Pocket Watch
Small personal electric fan
Small reading light/clip-on lamp
ANY ITEMS NOT ON THIS LIST MUST BE APPROVED BY STAFF BEFORE ENTERING THE
–No cell phones, tablets, iPods, or computers etc. are allowed
–No money, debit, credit cards are allowed
–No anti-depression meds. Only medicine for blood pressure, insulin, etc..
–No blankets are allowed.
You do not need to bring any linens or towels, but you can bring a pillow.
BRING ALL ALLOWED ITEMS IN TRASH BAGS, WE CANNOT STORE DUFFEL BAGS OR TRAVEL BAGS
Other General Policies
No drugs, alcohol, vaping or tobacco products of any kind are allowed on property.
No visitor under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be permitted to visit the resident.
Residents are not permitted to be in or around the visitor’s vehicle at any time.
Visitors cannot have anyone waiting outside in the visitor’s car.
No hugging other resident’s family members in the home. No romantic behavior, only
Visits must be done on the Denton Freedom House premises. When visitation
arrangements have been made that require the visit to be made away from the DFH
property, the resident must be chaperoned by a DFH staff member.
Resident and spouse cannot engage in any inappropriate activity with one another at
any time. (church behavior)
If any of these rules are not followed by the visitor or resident:
The visitor may not be allowed back to the home unless approved by a staff member
The staff may ask the resident to leave the home.