There are some considerations you will definitely need to take into account when you are applying to enter this home.
Take the time to honestly consider these things before you apply!!
Stop and take a
- You will end up sharing your bedroom with up to five other men at any given time – this can be uncomfortable at times. Patience and flexibility are required!
- While you are in the program you are not to be in relationship with anyone (this means girlfriends or fiances). We encourage restoration of marriage if you are currently married.
- Do you have the stamina, patience and wherewithal to live in close proximity to 40 other men?
- For the first thirty days that you live in the home, no contact is allowed with anyone outside the home. This includes family, friends and mentors – no contact only means that they will not be able to contact you, writing them letters is permitted and encouraged.
- When you are allowed visitors and phone calls – you are only able to call your immediate family or approved mentors – No girlfriends, fiances, friends or non-family members.
- Any of the things that interfere with our home schedule must be taken care of before you can come into the home.
- This is not a medical facility. If you have ongoing routine medical needs, they need to be addressed before you can come into the home. Medical needs include psychiatric medication- there are no psychiatric medication allowed at the Denton Freedom House. Psychiatric medications include any medication for depression, anxiety, any opiates, narcotics or methadone. These must be out of your system for at least a week (two weeks for methadone) BEFORE you enter the home.
- The routine here is taxing! It is at times tiring and monotonous, it takes discipline to adhere to the schedule that we set. It is definitely not a vacation nor a picnic!
- The home discipline policy is thorough and exacting. It is uncomfortable when discipline is required because of your choices.
- How well do you receive discipline?
- Can you handle being told when you can and cannot go to the bathroom, to bed, when you can shower, when you can have free time, and so forth?
- We expect submission to home authority, leadership and the policies that God has established in this home.
Please take a look at the items you are allowed to bring into the home – Remember that space is premium so we have limited the amount of personal Items you may bring into the home. Please read this – Personal Items List
When you are ready to fill out the application please be truthful and open about all of the answers your provide. This information is kept confidential and is to help us assess your needs and whether we are going to be able to host you.
If you have questions concerning the application, please send a message through the “Contact Us” page or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
After submitting an application, you can call (940) 565-5990 to let us know that you have submitted an application. We will not be able to give you a status of your application. Our Admissions Director will review your application and will be able to schedule a time to go over it with you via telephone. After the telephone interview, the Admissions Director will let you know if an “in-person” interview is necessary before entering the home.
If you have considered this decision and would like to submit an application please fill it out and submit at the bottom of the page